Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013: Visit with 2nd Cousin, Joni Martin





It has been about 5 years since we saw my 2nd cousin, Joni Martin and her husband.     They live near Boulder, Colorado.    Charlene, my Mom and I went to visit with them at their campsite at the Holland State Park.   We had a nice conversation about the old days.      Joni's mother was a sister of my Grandma Thomas.      My Grandma's family moved from New Jersey out to California in the 30's.    Joni met her husband while living in Santa Barbara.  They transferred to Ohio, where he taught school.   They also lived in Italy and Germany for 3 years.    They settled down near Boulder, Colorado, where they have lived ever since.    Their daughter died when she was around 30 of brain cancer.   They also have a son who married a German gal and they have 2 children.

I'm going to have to sit down with my mom to go over my Grandma's family history and update this post.

It was very nice to visit them and have a nice steak dinner.

No comments: