Sunday, December 28, 2008

Calvary Bible Church




Now that Christmas has passed, I decided to go to a different church today. I went to Calvary Bible Church in Fruitport. I was going there about 3 years ago, so thought I would go back. Bill Rudd is the pastor there.

Back in 2002, I was in a bible study through Calvary on Sunday nights, until I started working my 2nd job, where it got to be too difficult to go.

Finding a church home is difficult, especially when you are in your 30s, single, with no children. Some churches have mom groups, which I would not be comfortable in. Some have high school youth groups, which is too young for me, and then some have singles groups for those 50 and older. So, I am left in the middle, wondering where to go to find people like myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you are having a tough time fitting in. Did you enjoy the visit at your old church?

AmyMaggie said...

Yes, I did enjoy going back to Calvary. It just isn't easy finding a new church.

David Rudd said...

Hi Amy, My name is David Rudd. I stumbled upon this blog, and I'm glad to hear you visited us a few weeks back.

I can probably help you connect with some people at Calvary (maybe help you find a good small group).

If you're interested, email me.

david.rudd@calvarymuskegon.com