Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings




Pastor Jerry Depoy Sr. gave me something to think about today. He said we should be thinking about our blessings during the Thanksgiving holiday. So often, I complain about what I don't have such as a husband, children, siblings, etc.

So, I am going to jot down some of my blessings as a reminder of what God has given me.

1. Good health
2. Full-time job
3. Wonderful mother
4. Good family and friends
5. Hearing and vision
6. Health insurance
7. Dog, Maggie
8. Been able to travel the world
9. College degree
10. Home with electricity and heat, and of course internet access. :o)

So, instead of dwelling on what I don't have, I am going to start thinking about what I do have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do this too. Often. Because sometimes when times are tough, it really helps to look at the things we do have.

AmyMaggie said...

I totally agree with you on that.