Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16, 2013: Celebrations Galore


 
 


























We woke up fairly early today.    Of course, the first thing we do besides using the restroom is get our cup of coffee.  That is a must every morning.    Wendy and Todd brought their Keurig machine. How cool is that!

Joy and I went with Cheryl to Walmart to get cupcakes for Justin's birthday. 

I walked down to the park store to see what they had in it.   They had sweatshirts, t-shirts, ice cream, toys, gag gifts, toiletries, food, etc.  If you forgot something, you pretty much could find it in this little store.  I saw the toy section which had the coolest things.  I told the kids about it, so they wanted to come back to the store.
I told them they could each pick out one item and I would buy it as they were only a couple of bucks.    Nate and I got the magnetic balls; Cameron got this stuff that blows up bubbles; Katie got this nail through the gauze thing; Evan and Justin got glow sticks; and I got glow glasses.    I also bought Rayna fart powder and this ice cube with a fake bug inside.  Rylee picked out trick candles for her sister's birthday cake.  I enjoy doing things like that, as I know kids love that stuff.

In the afternoon, the kids showed me this neat tree stump they found in the woods.  It had nice big branches so you could sit on the tree and lean back on the branch.     

We went down to the beach and the kids went swimming.  I just put my feet in the water.     Rayna, Rylee, and I buried Cameron in the sand which was funny.

Dawn and her new husband, Jerry, came with her 2 boys today.     I have never hung out much with her boys, but they were a lot of fun.     The youngest, Justin, turned 7 today.   They had cupcakes for him at lunch and gave him birthday gifts. 

Skip and Jo were the last to arrive.  We all set up chairs and watched them set up their tent.  That was hilarious!

We had meat and vegetables for dinner. Todd did most of the grilling.      Wendy took care of making the alcoholic drinks.

After dinner, Dawn and Jerry filled our plastic champagne glasses with champagne to toast their wedding, along with birthdays, Harold and Cheryl's 44th Anniversary, as well as the blue sky.     My first glass was cracked, so of course, I drank that up very quickly.     I'm not sure how many glasses I had, but I felt pretty toasty by the end of the evening.     All of us went through about 10 bottles of champagne, along with other liquor.    I think we were all pretty toasty.

Marianne made a checkered cake for Rayna's 12th birthday.    Her birthday is August 18th.   

At 9 p.m., I went with the kids, Dawn, and Cheryl to the park store for the night hike.     We were told to have a partner, so Cameron was mine.    Cameron was quite the character.   He had me laughing.    It was quite interesting being tipsy and trying to walk through the woods in the dark.     I love to laugh and have a good time.   Dawn had to tell us to be quiet.    It's pretty funny to have an adult my age having to tell me and the kids to be quiet.

Cameron leaned on a narrow tree and it fell over.  I was afraid he got hurt, but he was fine and started laughing.    Katie was walking behind me.   I called them my 'adopted kids'.

No comments: