Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15, 2013: Camping Trip....Here we come!






 





 
It was nice to be able to sleep in today.    I think I was the last one to wake up, as I am not a morning person.   We watched the Today Show and had breakfast and packed up for our camping trip.
We left Ann Arbor around 11 a.m.    We took US 23 to I69 towards Port Huron.  Before we got on Highway 25, we saw the bridge to Canada.
It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to the campground.

The campground, Lakeport State Park, was located about 10 miles north of Port Huron.    Our campsite was #176 and Wendy's was #39.   We couldn't get all of them right next to each other, but they were close.  Each campsite cost about $50 a night.  I remember when they used to be about $25a night.

Wendy and Todd got there early, so they were already set up.

Joy and I walked over to see Wendy, but heard Todd yelling at the girls, so we decided to turn around and go back to our site until things smoothed over.

I went with Wendy, Todd, Rayna, and Rylee to Walmart to pick up some things.     It was a nice ride along the road. There were some beautiful homes overlooking Lake Huron.

Rayna, Rylee, and I went down to the beach on Lake Huron to look for shells and rocks.  On our way down, there were a bunch of beautifully painted rocks around this sign.   It must have been one of the activities for the kids at the park.      I was surprised by the rocky beach.    We stuffed our pockets with pretty stones.  That was a lot of fun.  These are memories I will cherish.

Harold and Cheryl came next, followed by Kim and her gang.     Kim brought her nieces, Katie and Carrie, as well as Nate's friend, Cameron, who came with us last year.

We had a nice dinner and sat around the campfire.



No comments: