Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 25, 2013: Thomas Family Reunion




 
 


Today was the Thomas family reunion at Larry and Pam's house in Zeeland.    I wasn't sure if I was going to go this year, as I still had bad feelings about the incident at the reunion in 2010.   I am not sure I will be over that.   Larry wrote me a nice email expressing his desire to see us at the reunion and that we are family and should be there.   He and Pam believed in me and thought the accusation was a load of crap.     To this day, I have no desire to see Diann or Mike.  
So, I was a little nervous about attending the reunion, but we did go.    Everyone was very nice to us which made me feel very happy.    I enjoyed my conversations with my cousin Kelsey, Pam, Linda, Staci, Charlene, etc.  

We had a wonderful lunch.  Then, we played toss the water filled balloons, watermelon seed spitting contest, and kick ball.     I'm not very good at spitting out watermelon seeds.   In fact, I think mine went straight down in front of me.

Maggie was invited to come, so she came along.    Athena and Jasmine loved walking Maggie all over. I think they tired her out, too.

We were able to ride Larry's golf cart around which was fun.  I think this was the first time Maggie has had a ride on the golf cart.

I am glad we came to the reunion, as it was not easy for me to miss it, as I love my family.

No comments: