Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013: Sunrise over Lake Huron & Lexington



 




 


 

 
 













 
 
 


I debated on whether I could get up to see the sunrise over Lake Huron, but figured this might be my only chance to see it.   I have seen a sunset over Lake Michigan many times, but not a sunrise over a Great Lake.     Sunrise was at 6:38 a.m.  I set my alarm for 6:15, as I didn't want to miss it.    Dawn and Jerry were already at the beach waiting for it.    Joy and Harold came down a little after I came.
Then, I went back to bed for a little while.
 
Skip and Jo brought Joy and I on a ride up north to the city of Lexington. We spent around an hour there looking at the shops.  There was a nice Irish store that carried beautiful Irish sweaters.  I wish I could afford one of those. Each one was about $175.
 
Skip treated us to cheeseburgers and fries at Wimpy Burger, which was very nice of him to do.    Then, we went up north to another city to see the lighthouse, which was built in 1886.      I have always enjoyed the Lawvers.      

I asked Jo where she met Skip.  She said she met him at a bonfire at Eastern Michigan (I think).   She said after a couple of dates, she knew she was going to marry him.

Chad and Kristi drove out to Estes Park, Colorado, so they were not able to come camping.  They stay at the lodge that Kristi used to work at when she was younger.    

Adam had a big landscaping project to work on at Michigan State University.   Jase and his family had just come back from New Jersey, so they couldn't come camping.

At 11 a.m., Dawn and Jerry left for their concert at Ford Field in Detroit.  They were going to see Kenny Chesney perform. They were coming back to the campsite after the concert.

By the time we got back, Heather and her kids had arrived.   We went down to the beach and all of the kids were having fun in either the water or the sand.   Heather constantly had to watch her 4 kids.   Julian is almost 12 and he is a handful. It was nice to see everyone.

We came back to the campsite and had some snacks and hung out.     Then, we had dinner. 

Heather said she gave Julian $3 for an allowance this week and wanted to teach him the value of the dollar.  He decided he wanted to buy some silly string at the park store.     He sprayed it all over the road.   It was gone in about 5 minutes, but he said it was so worth his $2.  

The kids wanted to go to the playground, so we all went down there.  Heather had to keep a constant eye on her 4 kids.   The kids are all cute, though.

We sat around the camp fire.   I was playing with my Iphone and opened up the Fatify and Old Age applications.  The kids had fun taking their pictures and making themselves look fat or really old. 

It was getting late, so Heather and the kids left to go back to Ann Arbor.    Diego couldn't come, as he had flown out to California to visit his relatives.

It got dark around  9 p.m.   Some people on the beach let off some Chinese lanterns, which was pretty cool.  They flew in the sky for miles.       There was almost a full moon outside which was beautiful, too.

Todd made the mistake of saying to Jo 'You are only 65'.  He didn't mean it that way, but Jo threw her cup of water on him.     We all died laughing.    

Skip made his new wood cutouts with the sayings 'I Don't Care' and 'It's Not My Problem'.  Those phrases could be used in many circumstances.  I love them.    They are so funny.

No comments: