Friday, March 9, 2001

March 9, 2001: Jenny Jones/Rain Forest Cafe

Joy and I got up around 7 a.m.  I went through my bookwork.  Then, at 10 a.m., we went to Bank One on Clark St and walked over to Linens N Things and I bought one of those Conair spas for $39 and then a plastic tub.  Joy carried the tub home for me and I carried the spa.  We walked down Briar St.

It was a nice sunny day.   Then, we dropped that off and headed down to catch the 36 bus down to the Thai restaurant on State/Delaware. We had a nice lunch. Then, we walked along Michigan Avenue and I finally got to go in the Hammacher Schlemmer store. Then, we got to NBC studios and stood in line for the taping of the Jenny Jones show. We had a long wait in the waiting room and everyone seemed impatient.

Joy and I sat in the 2nd to the last row on the left-hand side (if you are facing the stage). The show was about women who dress slutty. I think Joy had a good time. I think this was Joy’s first time going to a taping of a show. We went to the studio almost 2 hours before the show began. While we waited, we went through the NBC gift shop and then walked to Michigan Avenue and went inside the Lego store and Ann Taylor Loft.

After the show, we got some caramel corn at Garretts popcorn and walked over to Marshall Fields in Water Tower Place so she could see that.

By then, our feet were getting very tired. We walked over to the Rain Forest café for dinner and got home around 9:30 p.m.

I wanted to try the new spa so tried that out. We were laughing so hard as I was standing in the tub with my pants rolled up and Joy put her feet in and we felt so good having the water hit the bottom of our feet.

No comments: