Wednesday, March 28, 2001

March 28, 2001: Chicago Hooters

Jamie Nailer, Crystal Cooper, and Ceylon Hayes took me to Hooters for lunch and we got wings.  They were delicious.  Jamie paid for all of our meals, which was very nice.  Ceylon and Crystal said I had a ghetto bootie. Another phrase I learned from them was 'hot mess' which meant a girl who dressed like trash.

After work, met Julia Tuthill at Quarker Oats and we took a cab up to where Tammy Mcquown worked.  The bible study went to this beautiful golden dome building in Garfield Park to mentor the girls in Nobie's group.  We made bracelets with letters spelling what we needed in prayer. One of the girls, Fallon, told us she was 15 and has 6 kids.   Julia and I didn't believe her.   I felt bad for these girls and realized how fortunate I was for the things I had in my life such as my family, job, and health. 

No comments: