Thursday, March 15, 2001

March 15, 2001: Laser Eye Enhancement Surgery

You would think that this enhancement eye surgery wouldn’t make me as nervous the 2nd time around, but I was really nervous, as I was now seeing 20/30 and didn’t want anything to goof it up. I prayed about it long and hard.



TLC provided me with a limo ride to the surgery and back. Mr. Ed drove me and he had the enhancement surgery done by Dr. Probst a few weeks ago. He drove Dr. Probst to and from O’hare. Dr. Probst was 35 yrs old, been married 1 ½ years and lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The doctor flew to Chicago, Madison, Wisconsin, and Windsor in order to do these surgeries. Too bad he was married as he was sure cute.


The driver showed me his home on the way to the TLC clinic out in the suburbs. He was going down to Florida the next day and coming back on Monday. He lived down there for 6 months. He said Chicago was too expensive and that you could get a nice 3 bedroom condo in Florida, with a view of the Gulf, for $80, 000. He was telling me about all of these people who went to this other doctor, Carroll, to have their laser eye surgery and that he did a horrible job. Many of his patients then came to Dr. Probst in order to fix it.


This time, the doctor was able to use the existing corneal flap that he used in December, so the surgery went quicker. I couldn’t believe how quick it was this time. He was taking this bandage apart and it sounded so awful. I made a comment about that and he got a kick out of it.


This other patient was so funny. He couldn’t believe how easy and painless this surgery was. He asked the nurse to kick him and give him some pain, as he was so shocked at how easy the surgery was.


The limo driver drove me back to my apartment. It was sure nice to have a service like this when you don’t have family to drive you there.


Brandie brought me a pink rose later on, which was very nice.

No comments: