Thursday, March 1, 2001

March 3, 2001: Chicago Food Depository

Walked over to the Blockbuster on Sheffield and Fullerton. Yolanda Thomas said that she was the team coordinator at the food depository this week. She drove us to the Food Depository. We stopped at Krispy Kreme donuts on the way . Our work today was on the conveyor belt doing salvage. There wasn’t much for me to pack. I had cookies and crackers. There was a gal there named Jennifer. She was from Tampa, Florida. She moved to Chicago with her husband as he was going to school here. She said 2 years was enough time to see the city and experience living in a big city, but after 2 years, they wanted to move back to Tampa. What she said really made me think.



It was really nice sitting in the car for the ride home along Lakeshore Drive. I was looking forward to having my own car again.

No comments: