Thursday, March 8, 2001

March 8, 2001: Training/Joy

It was an interesting day today.  Had the usual Safeway conference call, sent out new adds and then conducted my first training session with the director of RIS and 19 other people.  I dreaded going down to teach the class. I taught them our calendar system and schedules related to the retailer schedules.  I was real nervous. One of my co-workers couldn’t keep her mouth shut and would interrupt my teaching.  Crystal said I did a good job. Just before I left work, the other director, Jeff, from RIS brought me the answers to his exercises and wanted to see how he did. I got the answers again and corrected Jeff’s paper and went to his office to show him which one he got wrong and explained why. He was happy about that.   

Then, I went to Union Station to get my cousin Joy as she was visiting me this weekend.  It was good to see her.  She had a heavy suitcase on wheels. I rolled it along to the Adams/Wells ‘El’ so we could get her a bus/el pass.  We took the brown line to Diversey and walked home.  I could tell she was tired of walking.  My Grandpa said the same thing when he came to visit me last summer.   That was why I preferred to walk down Randolph to Dearborn to catch the bus.  We had dinner at the Golden Nugget restaurant on Clark

No comments: