Sunday, July 9, 2000

July 9, 2000: Food Depository at the Taste of Chicago

Yesterday, Fontrise Charles and Tamara Ohs were supposed to visit me, but ended up canceling the plans.   Tamara had missed the train to go to Chicago from Gary, IN, so that was why she wasn't able to meet me at the Taste of Chicago.   

Today, I did some volunteer work for the Food Depository at the Taste of Chicago.   Yolanda Thomas worked there with me.    I helped collect the leftover food from each of the vendors.    We got free meal tickets for helping.   I met a nice gal named Mary Ann, who worked at the festival with me.   Channel 7 news interviewed us and took pictures of the rolls we had.   It didn't air on TV, but it was still neat.     Mary Ann took the 'El' back with me, as she lived in Ravenswood.   We met this nice older gentleman on the 'El' who worked for the City of Chicago.    He had worked with Mayor Daly and had done some volunteer work.    He worked at the tourism booth at the Taste of Chicago.

No comments: