Friday, July 28, 2000

July 28, 2000: Titanic Display

Showed Mike where I worked out at Ballys.  We went to see the Titanic display at the Field Museum.   Somehow, Mike and I got separated in the display, so I had to wait for him at the end.   I got a kick out of the funny mirrors that made you either look tall or fat, but I didn't think he thought it was too funny.    I was hoping we would go to dinner, but he ended up going home, which disappointed me.   I think this was the answer I was seeking. 

I am finally growing up and realizing I don't need a man to be happy.   This statement had been reinforced to me this summer.    It would be nice to have someone, but as long as they respect me and can make me laugh.  The whole summer had been very enlightening to me.     

I spent the past 2 years dealing with the infatuation with Joe Idstein and the fact that he married my roommate from college, Dawn.    I wish I had not spent so much time on that situation and just moved on right away.    They ended up getting divorced about 5 years after marriage.        

No comments: