Monday, July 3, 2000

July 3, 2000: Charlevoix & Traverse City



We packed up the car and left for home.  First, we stopped at these springs in the UP that were absolutely gorgeous.  We took this wooden glass bottom boat out to the middle of the lake.  The water was a beautiful blue/green color.   Then, we stopped at a lookout point in the UP that overlooked the Mackinac Bridge.     Leah and I talked about going to Mackinac Island sometime.    We drove through Charlevoix which was the most beautiful town.   It was so classy and quaint.   I heard that Madonna had a summer home there.   We drove along the coast of Lake Michigan.  Leah and I talked about going to New York sometime.   

I know I won't ever forget this trip to the Upper Peninsula.    I realized more than ever that I am a city girl.   

For some reason this song by Marc Anthony, "You Sang to Me" kept playing in my head throughout the trip. My supervisor at IRI, Chris Blackwell, said that his wife liked that song.   That song got me through this vacation.

No comments: