Sunday, July 2, 2000

July 2, 2000: Rain & Card Playing

We wanted to go to Marquette for the day, but it rained all day.  We were afraid to drive down the 2 tracks and get stuck in the mud, so we had breakfast and played more cards.

It was a fun time playing cards and chatting with my friends.   Plus, we brought a bunch of snacks which was good too.

I was still paranoid about the ticks and all I wanted to do was go home.   Kara and Leah talked about how unhappy I looked after the tick incident.   So while we were playing cards,  Leah asked if I wanted to go home the next day.    I was afraid to say anything, as I knew that Kara was excited about this trip and I didn't want to disappoint her.  I did say I would like to go home.   We were all pretty scared of the ticks.   Plus, we were tired of feeling so dirty, as we couldn't take a real shower up at the cabin.    Kara and Leah said not to feel bad about going home early.  They wished I had said something earlier.   They just wanted all of us to have fun.      I thanked them and was so glad to have such wonderful friends.

We had homemade hot pockets that we roasted over the fire outside.    They were delicious.   Leah got a tick on her back, so Kara got it off and pounded it on the table with a hammer.   I found out that ticks hurt when they bury themselves in your skin.   Leah freaked out, but not as bad as I did.    I think that was the last straw for all of us. 

No comments: