Sunday, June 27, 2004

June 27, 2004: Genoa to Paris

We left the ship around 8:30 a.m.  I was quite impressed with how easy it was to get off the ship.  It was actually organized. Wow.    Our bus to the Genoa Airport had no AC so it was pretty hot in there. It had just gone out at the port.  Luckily, it was only a 45 minute ride there.  We flew Air France from Genoa, Italy to Paris. It was about a 1 1/2 hour flight.

We got to Paris around 3:30 p.m. and of course, there was no rep from Costa there to take us on the bus from the airport to the hotel, so my aunt called the hotel and they had someone come with a van to pick 7 of us up.   So, we waited 2 hours at the airport for our ride to the hotel.  We finally got to the Hotel Sofitel near Bercy Village in Paris.   Then, the driver gave us the bill.  We were shocked. They wanted $170 Euros for the ride which is over $200 in American money. 

My grandpa's girlfriend charged it and then we got a copy of the bill to give to Costa Cruise line as we intend to get reimbursed as they never showed up once again for our transportation.

It was 7 p.m. by now so my mom and I went to the concierge and signed up for tours. Grandpa, Beulah, my mom and I walked across the street to Bercy Village which was a hang out place for the young people.  We dined at an outdoor cafe and watched the people walk by.   It was an interesting experience seeing how they dress and carry themselves.    Grandpa, Beulah, my mom and I went to the 11 p.m. Moulin Rouge show. It was fantastic.    The dancers were wonderful as well as their costumes. It is something to see if you go to Paris.   We got to bed around 1:30 a.m. and had to get up early the next day for our adventure of Paris.

No comments: