Monday, June 21, 2004

June 21, 2004: Naples, Italy

Well, my aunt and her friend, Marnie still don't have their luggage. Costa thinks it is still in New York, so they have been borrowing clothes from the rest of us. No one has even told them they are getting money to buy new clothes.

I am having a good time on the trip, but I suggest that no one take Costa Cruise line. This particular trip with Costa caters to the Europeans. There are only 75 people out of 3,000 that are Americans on the ship. You waste time waiting for people to tell us stuff in several different languages.

Today, we went to the island of Capri which isn't far from Naples. It is a cute little island. Of course, we didn't learn a whole lot because of all of the languages. We have never had this problem with other cruise lines because they always spoke English and I think they catered to us.

One thing I will say is that Costa is not very organized with some things. It's very strange. We have been on 8 cruises now and this one is the worst for organization.

But, the food on the boat has been really good. I don't know what they do with their scrambled eggs, but they are sure good.

We had already gone to Pompeii on a prior cruise, so that is why we wanted to see Capri. Oh, the boat over to Capri was rocky and some people barfed. They gave everyone barf bags, if you can believe that. I felt queasy on the way over, but it was better on the way back. I don't get sick on these big boats, but sometimes, I do on the smaller ones. When we go on the ferry to Milwaukee in July, I am going to take some medicine, as I heard it is a bit rocky and 2 1/2 hours would be long feeling queasy.

We got some good Italian chocolates in the store on the boat. They don't put chocolates on your pillow at night like on the other cruises, so we had to treat ourselves.  The chocolates were actually quite mellow and tasty.

No comments: