Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years 2009

Bill & Hillary Clinton pushed the button for the ball to go down in New York City. This year, they have a new ball that is supposed to be energy efficient. It cost millions of dollars. It was quite pretty, too.
I enjoy just staying home and watching the ball drop, instead of going to parties and risking my life on the roads with stupid, drunk drivers.

My mom and I had dinner at Garfield's Restaurant on New Years Eve. It just opened a month ago in the Lakes Mall. My mom enjoyed her Bourbon Shrimp and I had quesadillas. We thought the prices were pretty high, though, for a restaurant in the mall. She didn't like her half cooked vegetables and tried to substitute, but they said they would have to charge for substitutions, so she wasn't too happy about that. The manager came around to see how things were and she mentioned that. He said they want suggestions, so they can give them to the corporate manager.

This weekend, I am going to write out my accomplishments for 2008. My mom started having us do that a few years ago, and it is nice to see the positive things we did in the past year, instead of dwelling on the negatives.

We went to see my aunt Charlene's new room in her basement with her new big screen TV. She decorated it very nice. She has cute movie posters on the walls. I told her to tell everyone that it is her 'movie theater room'.
We got a big screen TV about a month ago and really like it.

Had ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery which was delicious.

Hoping everyone has a happy and healthy new year.

No comments: