Sunday, January 4, 2009

Icy Roads

Advisories were on the weather report today for freezing ice. I went outside early this morning to take Maggie outside and boy, it was icy, just like they predicted. I decided to stay home today and off the slick roads.

Our newspaper didn't get delivered today, as the deliverer was unable to drive on our icy roads at our apartment complex. She said that they were out at 4 a.m. delivering newspapers and it took until 3 p.m. to finish, as some of the side roads were very slick and the car wouldn't go back and forth on the ice.

That is the reason why I hate this time of the year. I hate the cloudiness, cold, ice, and snow. I was so hoping to be living in a warm climate by this winter, but plans got changed. I am convinced that I have seasonal depression this time of the year, with the lack of sunshine.

During the summer, I am constantly busy doing things and rarely home. In the winter, I tend to hibernate in the house. I have been home 2 days and sick and tired of just sitting around. I am playing on pogo.com and learning how to play Yahtzee quite well, as well as typing up old diaries. It is quite amuzing to read what I wrote back in the day. I have been working on this project off and on for a few years. My goal is to have it all in one big book. I have been writing in journals since I was 10 years old so that is around 24 years of journals to scan or type up. What a job.

Well, I must go and type up my accomplishments from 2008, as well as my goals for 2009.

No comments: