Monday, February 1, 2016

January 30, 2016: Norwegian Escape


















Today, the 14 of us boarded the new Norwegian Escape cruise ship for a 7 day adventure to Bahamas, St. Thomas & Tortola.    I plan to de-plug from my cell phone once the ship leaves at 4 pm.   

I believe this is my 13th cruise and this clearly is the largest ship of all of them.   There are close to 4300 passengers on this cruise.   I already lost my mom at lunch as it was so busy in the Garden Buffet.    

We started to explore the ship and found the fitness room, salon, Carlos Bake Shop, bars, shops, etc.  There are 28 restaurants on this ship.   There is supposed to be a snow room on the ship.  I'm not sure why I would want that as I am trying to escape it.  There are many slides in the pool area which is where I'm sure all the kids will be hanging out.    

Had dinner with Todd, Wendy, Rayna, Rylee, Marianne, Mom and Joy.  

Marianne fell going into the bathroom and hurt her right foot.   She didn't eat much for dinner as her foot hurt so much.   She went to the doctor to have it checked out.  Todd was enjoying his first cruise with many drinks.  I don't think Mom is used to how he social drinks.   He really is quite funny.    Wendy, Todd and I went out for a few drinks.  Wendy and I went wondering around the ship.  I had about 4 drinks.   




No comments: