Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 4, 2016: Day at Sea

Mom and I had breakfast with Marianne and Joy up in the Garden Cafe.   We got our preliminary bill for the cruise which was $988 total which was more than the cruise cost us.   I didn't go crazy with shopping or drinks as I got what drinks I could for free off my relatives beverage package.    I only actually purchased 3 drinks myself.   Each drink was between $10-$15 each.

I did buy a $115 Fossil watch and a bobble head that is supposed to be an image of myself.  Sure, the bobble head wasn't a need but something I have seen in the past that I would like.   I bought some t-shirts.    Other than that, the rest of the bill was our tours, some internet usage and $13.50 a day for tips.

There are quite a few ala carte charges on this Norwegian cruise line.   The food was better on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Princess cruise lines.   I did like the technology on Norwegian.  You could order your shore excursions off your TV and the state rooms were wired with the ability to show if you were home, do not disturb or to clean your room.  

Went to a cupcake decorating demonstration.  On one of the Royal Caribbean cruises,  I got to take a class on how to decorate the dog.  I was hoping they had the same on this ship, but they didn't. 

Watched the movie "Inside Out" up at the atrium.  It was a cute movie.    Had some drinks with Kim, Wendy, Todd and Owen and got a little tipsy.    Going to a comedy  club tonight.   

No comments: