Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014: Memorial Day Parade in Lakeside



My friend Mirelda Tokarczyk had asked if I would like to walk in the Lakeside parade in order to advertise their family snow plowing and lawn care business.  I told her I would love to.

We met at her sister, Laura's house on Crozier St.  There were a bunch of her kid relatives that were going to be in the parade,  too.  We all put on the Tokarczyk Services shirts.   
I got to sit in the trailer in the back of the car while we drove through Glenside to the start of the parade.  it was fun being in the trailer and having the wind hit my face while we drove through town.  Of course, it could have been dangerous had we for in an accident.   kids under 16 can't ride in the trailer or you would be ticketed.

Mirelda had made up 500 candy bags for all of us to pass out to the kids at the parade.  We ran out halfway through the parade.  I saw Rhonda Collins at the parade and gave her some candy. Jennifer Elenbaas,  Sara Luna, and Lisa Wolters saw me in the parade and waved.

Mirelda invited me for hot dogs and chips at her sister's house after the parade which was nice. We had a nice visit.   


No comments: