Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24, 2014: Annual Trip to Baldwin






We decided to take our neighbor Kay Mueller on our annual trip up to Baldwin. Of course, we had to stop at Hillyop Bakery near Grant for their rolls.   
Then, we went to Newaygo and wandered around the art fair.  Mom and I got this cute handmade necklaces for $10.  They were made out of magazine paper.   We found some clothes at the 37 North store. We had a nice lunch at the Train Stop Depot restaurant.

We continued up through White Cloud.  I wanted to find this hotel that my coworkers, Deb Wilson and Kevin Green had talked about.  It was called "The Shack" which is in a little town called Jugville.  Its a beautiful resort near White Cloud.  They serve banana splits at night if you stay at the hotel.  Some of the rooms have jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces.  
They also have breakfast and dinners.  
I thought it was a beautiful place to stay.

We showed Kay where our cabin was located.  Stopped at Peggy Katt's store, Katt's Meow. She had some beautiful clothes in the store.   Peggy says she is having a harder time walking around.   She has fallen twice recently and become black and blue.  She and Kenny are going to start going to Florida in October and come back in April as the winters are too dangerous in Michigan for walking.

We had ice cream at Jone's Ice Cream.

We went to the gravestone for my grandparents and my dad to plant flowers.  Uncle George had come up about a week ago to plant some geraniums. We planted some day lilies. 

Showed my Mom and Kay the Amish Community and the school where I helped with the shot clinic.

Overall,  we all had a lovely day.   when we got home,  I lauds on the couch and fell right asleep. I was exhausted.


No comments: