Saturday, September 16, 1995

September 16, 1995 Beth Alkema's Wedding

Today, I got my hair cut and colored at the Hair Port.    Afterwards, I visited Grandma Gonyo at her house.     Grandma made us a tuna fish sandwich and stewed tomatoes.
Grandma said Phil Young was going to Western this year.   She visited with Pauline and asked her who her boyfriend was in the poster.    It was a picture of Tom Selleck.    Pauline had alzheimers.  She could remember things way back, but not what she did a few minutes ago.     My Grandma Thomas had alzheimers, too.    Grandma was fixated on her cruises; whereas, Pauline, was fixated on men.  

Grandma Gonyo said you'll aways have to try and get along with people, even if they are inconsiderate.  She never went through that phase with being wild as a young person.    My mom never went through that, either.  Played cards with Grandma.  We played 'Kings in the Corner' and I was the grand champion.  She was leaving for Florida around October 18th.   

I visited Donna Bailey, Lurlean Martin, and Kathy Parker at Plumbs.  I told them about Phi Chi Theta.     I used to work in the deli at Plumbs in high school.    Donna Bailey, Joyce Houseman, and Kathy Parker worked in the bakery.  Lurlean Martin was a cashier.    

Mom and I went to Beth Alkema's wedding to Brian Short.     She was a beautiful bride. The ceremony was at Calvin Christian Reformed Church.  She and Brian were going up north for their honeymoon.    I really didn't want to get married until I had my education completed and my career started.  

No comments: