Saturday, July 7, 1990

July 7, 1990: London





We had 5 hours to spend in London today.   I traveled with Dina Wibalda, her parents, Susan Johnston, and the Holmens.   We went down to Oxford Street and went through the shops.    We found out how to get to Buckingham Palace, so we headed down there to see the changing of the guard ceremony.   We had lunch upstairs at the train depot.  I had delicious quiche.   We went shopping in Benettons. Dina found a sweatshirt there.   At 3 p.m., we took a bus to a tea room for hyde tea, which was about an hour away.  I sat next to Dina, Joel, and Stuart Grevel.

Our next stop was Sheerness, England, where we boarded this gigantic cruise ship for the night.  The boat took us across the water to the Netherlands.   I roomed with Jodi, Mandy, and Susan.   On the boat, I bought a Benetton watch for $42.  The deck was gorgeous.   It had a grocery store and many other shops to explore.   I got some motion sickness on the boat. The room was small for us, so it was hard for me to sleep. 

No comments: