Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011: Cary, NC to Murfreesboro, TN

This was one of our longest drives on this vacation. We drove over 500 miles today from Raleigh to Murfreesboro. I know some people drive straight through to FL all the time, but 500 miles seems like an eternity to me. We did make a couple of stops along the way. We stopped in Thomasville, NC which has the World's Largest Chair. We wanted to stop to find the largest coffee pot in Winston-Salem, but my mom was driving and the GPS was not cooperating so we just skipped that one.



We had a wonderful lunch at this bakery/cafe in Weaverville, which is just outside of Asheville. I wanted to see what stores were in Weaverville so drove around the area. We ended up taking highway 25 which went on the north end of Asheville around the mountains. It took forever. It was a beautiful drive, though. It took us into Newport, TN, where we started to see a bunch of junky trailers.


I think my medication hit me today, as I was quite tired so had my mom do alot of the highway driving. She was quite nervous driving especially around the traffic. I don't think moving is a good thing for her, as I am seeing how nervous she gets. I told her tonight that I think she really didn't want to move and that she is just wanting to stay in her comfort zone. It's frustrating to me, as I have wanted to move for so long. I finally have all of my debts paid off and almost have my 10 years in with the County of Muskegon and would like to move. However, when I see these places, I wonder if it is something I want to do on my own without my mother nearby. She has always said she would move near me, but I don't think she would if I moved away. My mother is the only immediate relative I have left. I do have aunts, uncles and cousins, but they all have their own lives. I have thought about moving to Ann Arbor, but my mom doesn't.


After seeing some of these other cities, I have seen that there is hardly any water. We do have a large asset with our Lake Michigan. I think I would miss living near water, as I have grown up by it. I hate the snow and always will complain about it. I would never move without a full time job lined up as it is much too risky.


People are always telling me I need to be back on my own in my own place. Sure, that would be nice, but it is expensive. I don't want to live in some crummy part of town just to say I am living on my own. Safety and my neighborhood are much too important to me. I wouldn't mind living in Grand Haven. Losing my dad and grandparents and other family things that have happened have left me not wanting to live in Muskegon, per se.


Please pray for me that God will show me the right way. I have always been a goal oriented person and wanted to make a move to a new place, but after the trip, wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. If you have any advice for me, please let me know, as I am more confused as ever. Thanks.





No comments: