Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011: Lexington, Kentucky

We met Jeanne and her husband, Kevin in Nunica and drove in my mom's new car to Frankenmueth to pick up their car that was being fixed. I had a great time chatting with them. Jeanne and Kevin would be great companions on a road trip. They are so funny. They treated us to breakfast at IHOP.


After we dropped them off in Frankenmueth, we took US 23 South to I-75 toward Lexington, Kentucky. Mom did the driving around Dayton, OH which was a mess, as they were doing so much road construction. I took over driving outside of Dayton and drove around Cincinnati, which was absolutely a nightmare. I have been through Cincinnati before, but never this bad. Once we got into Kentucky, the traffic was so much nicer. I love the rolling hills. Tonight, we are staying at the Fairfield Inn at exit 115. We split a turkey and dressing dinner at Cracker Barrel. I asked the waiter about the job outlook in Lexington. He said there are alot of jobs. He said that Louisville had alot of crime, so he didn't recommend that city. We talked to the clerk at the hotel, who said she loves Asheville.


Both my mom and I loved Asheville when we went there 2 years ago. I have heard that isn't as easy to find jobs in Asheville, as it is in the Raleigh area. I have researched online and both show about an 8% unemployment rate. I have been researching all of this for about 3 years now. It will be nice to check out these areas in person and see if this is a place we want to move.


My mom has Sirius satellite in her car, so we were listening to the Casey Anthony case on Headline News. I thought it would be so funny if we were down in Orlando and got in line at 3 am at the Orange County Courthouse to be one of the lucky 60 peolple to get to sit in the courtroom and listen to the procedure. That is the type of crazy stuff I like to do on a vacation.







No comments: