Thursday, June 7, 2001

June 7, 2001: Jo Lawver

Met Jo Lawver at the hotel on Harvey Street, just down the street from the Hampton Inn.   We drove to Grand Haven and had lunch at this wharf restaurant downtown.   Chad was living in Milan, after having lived in Bloomington, IN for about 9 months.   Jase was planning on going through the police academy in January 2002.   Adam would be going to Western Michigan University and staying at Hoekje Hall.

Jo said this July would be she and Skip's 30th wedding anniversary.    We did some window shopping down Washington St.   We also stopped at Best Buy and Elder Beermans on the way back to her hotel.   I found a cute cocktail purse for $12.   She offered to buy it for me, which was so nice. She said it was a bon voyage gift for my upcoming trip to Europe.

Back at the hotel, I got a chance to talk with Skip.   They were going to the Fraternal Order of Police for a dinner.  I sure had a good time visiting with both of them.

No comments: