Friday, June 29, 2001

June 29, 2001: Greenock, Scotland




It was really nice to be able to sleep in today, as we have been so busy the past week.

Around 11 a.m., I went and checked my email. One of them was from Jim Morse about him being flattered that I liked him. He had told me the same thing last year. We both know he is very serious with Melanie and we both agree that cheating is wrong. I guess that is the way it goes. Timing is always the issue. Last year, I was in Chicago and didn’t want to date after the Joe situation. Now, I’m back in Michigan and don’t find anyone. He invited me over when I got back from vacation.


This afternoon, we went on a tour with Grandpa of the Scottish Lochs. Grandpa’s girlfriend, Laurie, didn’t go as she was sick with the flu. Neither of us is too crazy about Laurie, as she is sick and doesn’t want to do things. She keeps a leash on Grandpa. I don’t trust her because she is 58 and Grandpa is 82 and he has some money. We want him to find a lady to do things with, but a lady closer to his age.


We went on a tour of the Lochs, which are lakes. Our bus along with 2 other buses and cars boarded a ferry to get to the northside (Gourock). We saw the Loch Lomond, known as the Queen of the Scottish lakes. It is the largest one in Great Britain. We stopped at the village of Luss, which had flower-bedecked cottages overlooking a loch. I got a porcelain Scottish doll with the Stewart plaid (designated with a blue stripe) kilt.


We saw Loch Fyne and by Loch Eck, we saw the Holy Loch. It was very mountainous with green trees all along the mountains. There were no homes on the mountainside. There were tons of sheep along the mountains.


I was shocked to see a Safeway store in Greenock, Scotland.

No comments: