Wednesday, June 6, 2001

June 6, 2001: Matt Tomasiewicz

As I was cooking dinner for Mom, Grandpa, and Grandpa's girlfriend, Laurie Pugh, someone knocked on the door.   I turned around and was surprised to see Matt Tomasiewicz standing there.     He's now 16 yrs old and driving.  He got a 1994 Ford Tempo in a cranberry color.  He took very good care of it.  He seemed so proud to have that car.    He liked to listen to R and B and rap like I did.    He gave me a ride in his new car.  We went to Meijer and Target to look at radar detectors.  I got to see pictures of his girlfriend.  I was like the older sister that he never had, as I used to play ball with him, take him for ice cream, to the park,  movies, and the beach.   Matt hadn't had an easy life with his dad, Zig, who drank alot.    Zig's wife hadn't been nice to Matt, making life difficult at times.  

Jo Lawver called me to say that she and Skip were coming to Muskegon for the weekend, so wanted to get together the next day.  That was a nice surprise.

No comments: