Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 13-14, 2009: Michigan's Adventure with Kim & the boys

It was so nice to see Kim and the boys.  I enjoy the Gonyo family. They have always been so great to me.     We had a good time at the Michigan’s Adventure. They have the rides on one part and the other part is a water  park.       I got really sunburned, though.   My arms look like a lobster and painful.    So, I will be staying out of the sun for long periods of time as I am fair skinned.     I was surprised that Alex is scared to death of rides that have any kind of hill or a lot of motion.   He wouldn’t go on the roller coasters so he would wait for us to go.  Nathan doesn’t seem afraid of them.    Alex also brought his best friend, too.  His name is Adam and he seems pretty smart.   
We got ice cream at Marble Slab creamery last night before coming to our apartment.     They spent the night here which was nice.  The boys wanted to play my video game system so I had a heck of a time trying to find the games for it.   I found a car racing game so they seemed to enjoy that.    They also enjoyed playing with Maggie. I  don’t think Maggie is used to all of the hoopla so she would hide under my bed.     Alex and his friend slept in my room and Nathan and Kim slept out on the air mattress in the living room and me and my mom slept in her room.    Maggie went under my bed and we couldn’t get her out last night, so had to wait until she did.    She did sleep with Kim for a bit, but Maggie moves around so much, that Kim brought her to our room.  Maggie enjoyed having company.  She loves people.

Today, we all went down to Pere Marquette and walked on the beach and went down to the water. The water temperature was about 53 degrees so it was quite cold.    We didn’t go swimming but the boys played in the sand.  

Then, we went around downtown Muskegon and had lunch at one of our newer restaurants called the M.A.C. (the old Muskegon Athletic Club). They are known for their different kinds of mac and cheeses.  It is all gourmet. It was pretty good.    Then, we went by grandma's old house on Manz and along Henry Street back to our apartment.   It was sure nice to see them all.  I hope they can come more often.

We took a nap after they left and then Melanie Morse came over with her 6 yr old and 3 month old girls.    This is Jim Morse’s family  (Ron Morse’s son that is my age).   They stayed until around 10 p.m. We had a nice visit.

No comments: