Friday, April 27, 2001

April 27, 2001: Ghetto Burgers/Last Day at IRI

Today was Ashley Arnouts's 8th birthday and my last day of working at Information Resources, located at 150 N. Clinton in Chicago, IL.  It was sad to leave the friends I met in Chicago.  

For lunch, Jamie Nailer and Crystal Cooper took me to a ghetto burger place on the west side.   This was one of the greasiest cheeseburgers I've ever had.   Plus, they stuffed greasy french fries in with the burger.  I was the only white girl in line.   You had to order your food through a bullet proof window.   If that ain't ghetto, I don't know what that is.

Crystal and I ate our food in the lunchroom with Dave Alvarez.  He had been married for 5 years to a girl he met in college.   He called his wife, his 'girl'.   His birthday was May 4th.    He said he spent 3 hours cleaning his Nissan Altima last night, as he had a bad day.   Frank Nykie said I was lucky to be leaving IRI.  

Everyone hugged me on my way out, such as Ron Hill, Crystal, and Julia.  

It was a sunny day when I walked out the door.  I was happy, but also sad.   I waited for the bus at Lasalle and Clark.    I still couldn't believe I was moving back to Michigan.   

No comments: