Saturday, April 21, 2001

April 21, 2001: Fabric of a Man



Today, it was 81 degrees outside.   I was excited about going to see the Chicago Theater, as I had never been there before.   I went to see Shemar Moore perform in "Fabric of a Man".     Shemar played Malcom on the "Young and the Restless".   I was one of the few white people in the audience, which I thought was funny.

I got a kick out of the audience during intermission.   So many people took out their cell phones to call people.  

After the play, you could have your picture taken with Shemar Moore.    At first, I wasn't going to pay $30 for a Polaroid picture with him, but then decided I might as well, as I knew I would regret it if I didn't.  The money went to charity, so I felt a little better about that.  Shemar wrapped his arms around me for the photo.
It felt nice having masculine arms wrapped around me, especially from someone famous.

I know my Grandma Gonyo would flip out at that, as she watched "Young and the Restless". 

No comments: