Friday, May 15, 1998

May 15, 1998: North Beach Club

It was busy at work today, so going to the North Beach Club with my co-workers was a nice way to wind down.  We took a school bus to the club for the annual charity auction.  I hadn't been on a school bus in years.    It only cost us $3 to go to it. It included beer, soft drinks, and food.   Plus, we got full use of the miniature golf, volleyball court, and bowling alley.    Lilly and I played miniature golf.   Then, Lilly, Josh, Chris, Wayne, and I went bowling.  Chris bet Tony $3 that I would try some of Josh's chewing tobacco, so I tried a little. It stings.  Everyone was laughing.   I spit it in a cup.   Chris said I was a good sport.    Then, I went to the bar with Tony and Wayne.  Tony bought us drinks.  Tony and I talked about work for about a half hour.    Talked with Wayne's friend, Eric, too.    Wayne made sure I got a cab ride home. He was such a gentleman.   

No comments: