Friday, May 1, 1998

May 1, 1998: Mom and Charlene's Visit




This week had been a rough week for me at work, so it was nice to know that my mom and Charlene were coming to visit me for the weekend. While I was at work, they went to a Cubs game.    I lived at 905 West Cornelia, Apt. 2E, which was only about 1 1/2 blocks away from Wrigley Field.    When they got to Chicago, they looked for the pink parking permits I had on my kitchen table for them.     All they saw were the free postcards I got at El Jardin Restaurant the night before that were in my bedroom, so they used one of them in their car window. We laughed so hard.

We took the 'El' from the Addison stop to the Fullerton stop and walked down Lincoln Ave to John Barleycorn's Restaurant.    We had an hour wait, so we walked around the block and talked.     The burgers and homemade chips at the restaurant were the best I ever had.  This restaurant was full of people my age, so my mom and aunt felt so old.    Then, we took the 'El' down to Chicago Ave and walked over to Navy Pier, as my mom wanted to ride the ferris wheel. Unfortunately, the ferris wheel didn't open until May 7th, so we just walked around the pier.  The cab ride home cost us $12.

No comments: