Friday, January 3, 1997

January 3, 1997: Grand Cayman







Arrived at the Grand Cayman Island.  Charlene, Grandpa, Kelsey, and I went on the snorkeling tour. We looked so funny in our goggles and flippers.  I was having a lot of problems with my goggles, but once I got a new one, snorkeling was a lot of fun.  Saw a bunch of colorful and large fish. We even saw a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean. It was about as long as our cruise ship. Kelsey and I swam out quite far and a boat came between us. Those flippers sure get you far.



Grandpa went back to the ship to stay with Grandma, so Charlene, Kelsey, and I went down to Seven Mile Beach. Some of the hotels were luxurious. This island was a classy place. We went into the Holiday Inn on the beach. The movie, “The Firm” was filmed outside the Holiday Inn where the bar was.

The ocean was a gorgeous blue color and the water was in the 70s. We walked along the beach and saw the Governor’s house. Then, we went shopping in the downtown area. I got a wrap for my swimsuit. Charlene got some T-shirts.


Tonight was formal night. I wish we didn’t have so many formal nights. I like to be casual when I am on vacation. I love the cruises, but wish they were more casual.



The entertainment tonight was pretty good. They did music from Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and Garth Brooks.

I went to take pictures of the Grand Midnight Buffet. I didn’t eat because I was so full. Charlene and Kelsey fell asleep in their dresses. That was quite funny.

No comments: