Thursday, January 2, 1997

January 2, 1997: Jamaica



Our boat anchored in Jamaica today. I’ve always wanted to see this island. My cousin Kim and her husband, Owen, came to Jamaica for their honeymoon this past September. Mom and I took the tour from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios. They drove on the left side of the road. It’s hard to get used to seeing people drive on the opposite sides of the roads.


Went to Dunn’s River Falls and Mom and I climbed it. It wasn’t easy climbing the slippery rocks. Our tour group held hands and climbed the rocks. It was so neat how we all worked as a team to get up the rocks. I had to get a kick out of my mom walking on the rocks, as she fell all the time. She had never been good on her feet. We got our picture taken at the end of the falls and it turned out cute.

We had lunch at the ‘Almond Inn’ which was next to the ocean. It was beautiful. It’s so cool being in 80 degree temperatures in January and everyone back in Michigan having to suffer the cold temperatures.


We had great entertainment tonight. The comedian, Rich Ceisler, was quite funny. He seemed to appeal to everyone. Kelsey and I walked around the ship to see what was going on.

No comments: