Wednesday, January 1, 1997

January 1, 1997: New Years Day




Had breakfast on the veranda and Kelsey and I went up to the deck to sit in the hot tub and soak up the sun. At 11:15 a.m., I gave Peter Schumacher a call from the ship to wish him a Happy New Year’s.  He wished me a happy New Year’s, too.  He sounded interested when I said I had seen the Tulum ruins in Cozumel. He said he had to work last night and had to get a couple of beers after work. He said he’d call me on Monday night to hear all about my trip.  Told him we were off to Jamaica tomorrow.  For that 2 minute phone call, it cost me $19.  I guess it was worth it.

Charlene, Kelsey, and I watched “Karoake” after dinner. This one gal sounded just like Reba McEntire. There were at least 200 people watching so we didn’t do it.



Later on, Kelsey and I went to the Stratosphere Lounge and had some drinks and listened to the country music. We did the electric slide. Kelsey got drunk and we got back to the room around 1:30 a.m.


Grandpa made a toast that I would get a full-time job this year after I graduated from Western Michigan University.

No comments: