Sunday, December 26, 1993

December 26, 1993: MGM Studios

Mom and I went to MGM studios.  We went on the production backstage tour. They use small boats or props when they film a boat scene in a movie.    They often use 100 hours of footage before editing for a 2 hour movie.   Saw the stage being constructed for Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve 1994.   Saw 'Golden Girls' and 'Empty Next' houses they used. Saw the Indiana Jones backstage.   Watched some people picked out of the audience do some segments from 'I Love Lucy', 'Home Improvement', 'David Letterman', 'Johnny Carson', 'Golden Girls', 'Bonanza', 'Gilligan's Island', 'Cheers', and 'General Hospital'.    The people were so funny. I wish I could've done that, but there were too many people to pick from.   Went on a Star Wars spaceship ride.   Ate dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby.   This restaurant was like the one in California in which stars from the 1930s and 1940s dined such as Bette Davis and Lucille Ball.   Booth #5 was where a segment of the 'I Love Lucy' show was taped in the episode where Lucy saw a Hollywood star.   Saw the set of 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids'.    The grass was huge and so were the legos.

No comments: