Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7, 2013: Mini Reunion



Jeanne (Kenney) Proefroeck invited a few of us to her house for a mini reunion, which I was looking forward to attending.   As a surprise, we brought gifts for Jamie (Moen) Wilczak, who was expecting twins in a few weeks.  The girls that were able to make it to the party were:  Jeanne (Kenney) Proefroeck,  Molly (Piersma) King and her family, Michelle (Zimmerman) Bourdon and her daughter, Missy (Hawrysz) Young, Crystal (Williams) Hall, and myself.   

Jeanne did a great job putting together this party. She had so much wonderful food for us.  
She also compiled several old photos into a DVD which she had playing on her TV.
I wish I had spent more time hanging out with them in high school, as they are a great group.

I had a good time at this party chatting with everyone and hearing about their lives after high school.

Missy lost her mother this year to cancer, which was sad to hear.    She has been helping out her dad around the house.     Crystal lost her father a year ago, which was sad too.     Some of them wanted children, but had a hard time, but a miracle came and they had children, which was such an inspiration.     I heard stories of life struggles with their kids, as well as in their own lives.  It truly was a voice of hope for me, as I have long struggled with singleness.     It was nice to hear their stories of both happiness and sadness over the years.  These gals are such wonderful ladies.       I truly hope we can get together more often, instead of letting 20 years go by without a reunion.   



No comments: