Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013: Shores vs. Muskegon Football Game








Kay Tobey, Karen Scraver, Rhonda Collins, Drew, and I decided to go to the Shores vs. Muskegon football game at the Mona Shores stadium.      I hadn't gone to a football game at this new stadium, so this was a nice experience.   They did a great job with the remodeling of that area.    

Karen, Rhonda, and Drew sat on the Muskegon side, as they graduated from Muskegon.  Karen graduated with my dad in 1964.  My dad used to play on Muskegon's football team.  I remember how proud he was playing football on that team.

Kay and I sat on the Shores side, as we both graduated from Mona Shores.     

We got one of the last seats in the general admission section, so we were right next to the student section.  The students kept wanting to climb over the rope to come to our section and vice versa.  It was right in front of us, so quite annoying.  I decided to stand next to the rope and tell the kids to walk down the steps and walk around to the other sections.     I started to enjoy being the guard.  I saw one kid with some dollar bills in his hand, so as a joke, I told him he could climb over the rope for $1.  He handed me the $1, but I didn't take it.  I just told him I was joking.   You should have seen the look on his face.  He didn't think that was too funny, but Kay and I got a good chuckle.

Ran into my coworker, Poppy Hernandez, at the game, which was pretty cool.  She really wanted to see the band perform at half time.      

I thought it was pretty neat that the cheerleaders from both Muskegon and Shores did a cheer together.   That was awesome!

Muskegon beat Shores, but only by about 6 points.    We were told this was the largest crowd Shores has ever had for football.  Before the game, it was predicted there would be between 7,000 and 11,000 spectators.     

No comments: