Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4, 2012: April, Matthew, and Cyrus Come to Town












I was so excited to hear that Matthew was finally coming back to Michigan for a visit. Unfortunately, the reason for his visit was due to the passing of his Grandma Tomasiewicz.     Matthew's father passed away a few years ago which was very sad.    


Matthew has always been like a little brother to me.  When we lived on Lawnel Avenue, he used to come over to our house almost every day and I would play baseball, kick ball, play video games, ride bikes, get ice cream, and go to the movies.    I remember one time when he was a kid and he said he was so sad that I was going away to college, as he couldn't come over.   


I had been trying for several days to get something set up so we could go visit with them.     They stayed the last week at his mother, Patty's house.      My mom and I went for a visit.    Little Cyrus is such a doll. He is almost 15 months old.   Cyrus was born in November 2010.    


Matthew was in the Navy and then decided he wanted to be in the Army.     He has been stationed in Afghanistan since last July.    He is supposed to come back to the states this coming July which will be good.     He would like to finish with the army in the next couple of years and move back to Michigan.  They were going to look at properties up north, near where he lived with his father.    

We brought Cyrus a cute shorts and top and a pillow pet.   It was cute watching him open up his present.     Patty looked so happy having them all here for a visit.

No comments: