Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24, 2012: Ringling Brother Museum

Peggy picked us up at the hotel and we drove to the Ringling Brother Museum. There was quite a line.  I didn't think it was very organized this time.   We paid $25 for the ticket to tour the grounds, but it only included the tour of the first floor of the mansion without a tour guide.    You had to get a separate ticket to have a guide or to go to the 2nd floor. I thought that was ridiculous.
This was Ringling's winter home. It is on the water.

We went to St. Armand's Square and did some shopping at Chicos and other stores.  We had a nice shrimp lunch at one of the restaurants. Then we had some gelato for dessert.    I am glad we finally got to go to St. Armands.

Ken took us all out for dinner at Spanish Pointe which is near Venice.   We had a nice dinner and there was a band.  Ken said I look alot like my Grandma Gonyo and remarked how nice I was.   That made me feel good.   It was nice to sit and chat with Ken and Peggy.       I remember going to the cabin as a child and they would come visit us and we would chat for hours. I miss those days.        

Peggy said she helps out at the beauty pageant each year in Baldwin.     I didn't realize they even had a pageant there.   It was good to see both of them.     

No comments: