Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012: Ellenton to Ft. Myers

I woke up in the morning and took a shower. While I was bending over to get dressed, I felt this sharp pain in my lower back.    I could barely walk back to my bed.     We had breakfast at the hotel and then walked over to the Ellenton Outlet Mall.  I was in such pain and walked so slow.   We went through some of the stores, but I had to sit down quite a few times and had a hard time getting up.
My mom had to help me walk up this hill.  I was wondering how on earth I was going to drive us to Ft. Myers as I couldn't even sit in the car.     I took some aspirin and somehow was able to sit in the car and get us to Jim and Marty's condo in Ft. Myers.  I was the only one authorized to drive this rental car which made it more difficult.    As soon as we got to their condo, I went to bed.  Marty gave me a vicodin, which I have never taken in my life.        

Marty made us a delicious chicken enchilada dinner.  I was able to sit long enough for the dinner and then had to go back to bed.   I felt so bad this happened, as I didn't want to cause any problems for anyone.    We wondered if we were going to have to bring me to a med center or to the hospital.    I really didn't want to have to go there.     They all took good care of me which I was thankful for.

No comments: