Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011: Chattanooga to Louisville

This morning, we went to the Hunter Museum of Art in downtown Chattanooga.    There is a neat glass bridge next to the art museum.   You walk across from it and can see all the way down to the road. It is pretty freaky to walk on.    There are two parts to the museum.   The older paintings from the 19th century are in the southern mansion.  The newer art pieces were in the modern portion of the museum.      I highly recommend visiting this art museum. They have some fabulous pieces.


After lunch, we stopped at the Russell Stovers store.     I bought myself a box of Valentine candy, but won't open it until Valentine's Day.   I am always good to myself.  :o)      


Tonight, we are staying at a Drury Inn in Louisville, KY.    I highly recommend this hotel chain.    They have a small dinner from 5:30 to 7 every night and a nice breakfast in the mornings.  The hotels are very nice, too.    


Enjoyed chatting with the bus driver, as well as a couple on the trip.    You always learn something from everyone you meet.  I am surprised by how many couples on the trip are on their 2nd marriages.   They seem so happy together.  I think that is awesome.


I've been watching the weather reports back in Michigan and not looking forward to the possibility of 10 to 12 inches of snow.  

No comments: