Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23: Nashville, TV to Valdosta, GA

We were quite impressed with our stay at the Drury Inn. We had never heard of that hotel chain. There are quite a few in the south. When we came to Nashville in 2009, I really liked it, and still liked it this time. I just can't believe they even had some snow. Of course, it is not nearly the amount Michigan gets, but it is still there. I am surprised you have to go south of Atlanta to start seeing some warmth.


Stopped in Macon, Georgia, at the Georgia Hall of Fame museum. It was pretty interesting. I didn't realize so many musicians have grown up in Georgia such as Trisha Yearwood, Brenda Lee, Alan Jackson, etc. Trisha grew up in Monticello, GA.


We had to stop at the local hospital to pick up one of our passengers, who had twisted her knee. She got some drugs and crutches. I can't imagine using crutches on a vacation.


Had dinner at Cracker Barrel. We were each given $10 gift cards there, so I got a kids meal and still had about $5 left to spend in the gift shop. I got this cute bird feeder. It's the shape of a video camera and says Bird cam on it. I can't wait to put it out this spring. My mom doesn't think the bird will fit in it, but I will try and prove her wrong.
Tomorrow, we are heading to Miami. We should be there around 5 p.m.


I heard Muskegon got 10 inches of snow Saturday.

No comments: