Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011: Gator Park & Hard Rock Cafe



It was another relaxing morning for me. I enjoy taking my time and not rushing around. Man, I wish I was retired and could do that every day.


We went to the Everglades today to Gator World to see some alligators. We took an airboat all around. Saw some alligators which was pretty cool. One of them had baby alligators about 4 months ago. The tall grass on the sides is real sharp at the top. It can even slice your fingers. I forgot the name of this grass, but it is found all over the Everglades.


We got to see a Scorpion. I held a 4 foot real, life alligator and my mom took a picture. That was pretty cool. The skin on it felt cold.


Had dinner tonight at the Hard Rock Cafe in Miami. Found out that our bus driver, Tim Shelton, was an extra in the Kurt Russell movie filmed in Coopersville. He said he was wearing a tshirt that said Shelton on it.


I had wanted to go see my dad's aunt Pauline's home in Coral Gables, but we just ran out of time. Here are the directions to it so next time I go, I won't forget to check it out. ‎916 Venetia Ave. Coral Gables. --- Go to the Granada entrance at 8th. St. and go S. on Granada for 2-3 blocks to Venetia

No comments: