Sunday, October 29, 2017

October 27-28, 2017:  Stranger Things

This weekend was a fun weekend.  On Friday night, went to Barnes to hang out with the gang.   Then, went to Josh and Olivia’s apartment to watch Season 2 of the show, “Stranger Things”.  

This thrilling Netflix original drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl.

The show is set in the 80s which is the era Josh and I grew up in.    The writers did a great job with details of the 80 and have many references to other 80s movies such as “Ghostbusters”, “E.T.”, and “Goonies” in this show.

I am not usually into science fiction shows but this series sparks my interest in many ways.    

On Saturday, went to breakfast at Villa in Whitehall.  Olivia made a delicious meatloaf for dinner and on Sunday, Josh and I went for breakfast at Carmen’s and sat at the counter which reminded me of the days when my dad and I sat at the counter at Jerry’s Roosevelt Roost in Roosevelt Park.  Dad and I would go on Thursdays to meet his guy friends and I would get a bagel with cream cheese and hot chocolate and get a free sucker.      



No comments: