Sunday, October 8, 2017

October 7, 2017:  Michigan vs Michigan State Game



I finally made it to the Big House!   It was on my bucket list to not only go to the Michigan Stadium, but also to a Michigan vs Michigan State game.   I was so excited when Sue said she got tickets as they are not easy to get.   Sue gave me a homemade gift certificate for my birthday maybe 20 years ago that said good for a Michigan vs Michigan State game.  She paid the $125 for my ticket.   What a great friend!
Chris Gerling, a classmate from high school, has been to 40 games in Ann Arbor.  He said to park at the Sheraton at Briarwood Mall and take the south shuttle to the game for $3 each.  It was the best way to go as traffic is bad around the stadium.
Two high school classmates met me at the game which was fun.   Christine Deluca Anderson lives in San Jose, CA and her brother, Steve Deluca lives in Atlanta, Georgia.  We were all in marching band together in high school.  They both went to college at the University of Michigan.  They flew to Ann Arbor for the game.  Christine has season passes to the Michigan game and sells the tickets to the games she can’t go to.
There were 112,432 people in the stadium for the big game.   It rained beginning in the third quarter.   Michigan State ended up winning the game 14-10.  

No comments: